Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wow, We Really ARE Pregnant!

It's official, we had our ultrasound! We were amazed at the detail of the ultrasound and how much the baby moves at this stage. We had a really wonderful ultrasound tech and she spent a lot of time with us so we could see everything possible on the baby. The ultrasound machine was really good and it was almost like we could see every detail of the baby - even the baby's face! We're excited for our next one (which is also when we find out if it's a boy or a girl)! I will post the ultrasound on here later today or tomorrow. It finally is starting to seem real that we're having a baby, though I still feel like it's a dream.

After taking some measurements they determined we're actually 6 days further along than the doctor estimated which moves our due date up to February 4th!! As of today we are 13 weeks and 4 days along. I'm still not really showing and I haven't gained any weight yet, but my tummy is so sensitive it doesn't like any pressure on it at all so I feel like I'm bigger even if I'm not! I thought I was showing a tiny bit for a while, but I think I was imagining things.

Ben has been really, REALLY busy at work but he's still been so good to me and has been fitting in running every day! My finals are officially over so I can now relax which I'm hoping will decrease my morning sickness. We went to Park City Saturday night with some friends which is the first night out away from our condo or Ben's parents' house we've done in a long time, simply because my stomach doesn't tolerate it very well. It was fun AND I didn't get too sick until we were almost home so I was so proud of myself!

2 comments:

Lianne Barr said...

Leslie- glad things are going so well!

Petertammenson said...

Agh! Babies! I am sooo excited for you - and I was totally a meat junkie when I was pregnant with Laurel - couldn't stomach the thought of salad, but burgers, steak, hotdogs, and chips were delightsome. Cannot believe I thought those things were good - no wonder I put on 40 pounds! That will change with the next baby! Hey, have Lianne send you my email address - I am long overdue on shipping something your way! Love, Amanda