Sunday, December 14, 2008

Remodel Accomplished!

Hi! I'm so sorry we haven't posted to our blog in FOREVER!! We are mostly finished with our condo remodel and we are once again living downtown! Here is a picture of our kitchen. We just had to use the camera on my laptop since we're having some camera issues, but it gives you an idea of how it looks. It looks a lot prettier in person or on a normal camera so we'll post some better pics later. 



Where the kitchen is now is where the dining room used to be. What did you do with the kitchen you may ask? Well, dum da da DAHHHHHHHH...I present to you the nursery...



The nursery is bigger than this picture makes it look like. We actually now have a white futon bunk bed on the wall across from the crib so we can have family come and visit. Obviously we haven't decorated it much yet but I'm working on that.

The best part of the nursery is that Benny surprised me by staying up until 4 am one night to get it all ready. He went out to the store in the middle of the night and bought the mattress, a new baby dress, and flowers for me so that it would be a big surprise for me the next morning. Isn't he amazing? I went and looked at the room at least 25 rooms that day alone. 

I know I've had many people ask to see pictures of me pregnant. Ben posted some on Facebook today from his phone which are fun photos but I look HORRIBLE. I don't know if it's that I'm in denial or if the camera on his phone just makes me look especially bland and huge, but here is one from my laptop camera that I think is a more accurate representation. I look especially red, but at least you can see that I do have facial features.





I am 32.5 weeks pregnant, which means we only have 7.5 more weeks to go!! We're so excited!!! We keep hoping the time will go by fast now that the remodel is mostly done. I really don't mind being pregnant. I'm so excited about having our cute little baby the being pregnant part seems like a small thing to deal with now that I'm not extraordinarily sick anymore. However, there are still things I am looking forward to after the baby is born (in addition to meeting our cute little baby of course)! I am already dreaming of the day I fit into my old clothes again and can increase my heart rate with a little exercise without feeling like I'm going to faint. I am also already thinking of all the raw fish and sushi rolls I'm going to eat. Oh ahi tuna how I have missed you! 

And now for the Benny and Leslie picture of the day...


Ben was sweet enough to take a break from studying so I could include him in a picture. If you think I look especially tired it is because our sweet little baby has made it nearly impossible for me to obtain enough oxygen. Poor baby, I know she's cramped in there but I still keep trying to move her downward so I can get enough oxygen to keep us both alive. I'm sure I look funny out in public because as I walk I massage my tummy to encourage her to move down. The need to breathe always wins out over my sense of propriety. My doctor said I'm a bit anemic and my blood pressure is especially low right now which explains any loss of energy/faintness I may be feeling. I say if I could just breathe I would have any energy I need! Ben noticed this morning my belly is a bit lower than it has been so we're hoping that's a sign that she's dropping into place. Yay!

Ben has been extremely busy with school and work but he's doing a great job of staying on top of everything. Right now he's exploring his graduate school options. He may go straight into graduate school after he graduates at the end of the summer. He's heavily considering a program he can do while he keeps his current job. That means two more years of a lot of work for him, but he says it won't be a problem. I'm trying to figure out how I can do the school work for him so he has more Leslie and Cassandra time :). 

We love all of you and miss those of you we just don't get to see often enough. We hope you're having a wonderful holiday season and that you know we're thinking of you. We'll try to be better about posting updates! After I have the baby we'll probably be more into pictures so we'll be posting a ton!

9 comments:

Kristen & Rob Gallup said...

It looks great. Since you have an extra bed for visitors, we were wondering if we could come and stay a while? Maybe we will just send the kids...
Kristen and Rob Gallup

Maren and Blake said...

(Cousin Maren) If that picture of your kitchen and nursery are the bad ones, I can't even believe what the good ones will look like. Tha cabinets are beautiful. Have you guys been doing the work or did you hire it out?

The nursery is so cute. Ben is a good guy and a busy guy from what it looks like. Hope the last 7.5 weeks go by fast, especially the last 4 (those are the most uncomfortable in my opinion).

Becky O said...

Your place looks gorgeous and I just love your nursery. The crib is so cute. I never knew my brother was such a sweetie, that was so cute what he did in the middle of the night.
I am so excited to meet your little baby girl.

The Layman Family said...

wow- the condo looks AMAZING! seriously, great work. and I love the nursery. ben is just SO sweet to you. you look great with your cutest little belly. we can't wait to see you guys!

Brekke said...

Your husband is sweet and your remodel looks amazing!

Enjoy pregnancy, because you are about to become very busy with what seems like very little progress. A shower will soon be progress enough.

You look fabulous as always!

Greco Family said...

Your place looks so cute. I love the kitchen. I would love to live downtown. Your belly is adorable! You're almost there.

juels said...

Your remodel looks fantastic!!! I love it---the nursery is so cute too!! I am excited for your baby to come-it will be so fun...

Unknown said...

Cuteness! You look great! The nursey is adorable and you guys did a great job with the kitchen.

mindy said...

Very pretty remodel, Leslie!! My mom didn't remodel her house until AFTER the kids had left, not BEFORE they had come . . . but you know, to each their own. ;)
I didn't know you had a blog! I love blogs!!! Come see mine too!