Sunday, July 13, 2008

First Doctor Appointment and Other Adventures!

Saturday we went to the Farmers' Market by our condo. We got a huge bag of English peas, snap peas, and stir-fry peas for $3. Yay for Farmers' Markets! Ben also bought some boiled peanuts - something he learned to like on his mission.

I have been writing in third person but it feels weird to write in third person so I'm going to start writing in first person and we'll just tell you who's writing. Today Leslie is writing! Ok, now for the rest of the exciting news...

Saturday night we went out with Ben's parents to dinner and a movie. Apparently my morning sickness is still in full force because after dinner we were sitting in the back of Ben's dad's truck and I started to feel REALLY sick. Ben asked me if I was ok, but since I feel nauseous all the time I thought I'd be fine. Well, all of a sudden I definitely wasn't as I started to puke in my purse. Well, ATTEMPTED to puke in my purse. It ended up all over my lap. GROSS!!! Gotta love pregnancy. Fortunately I hadn't eaten a ton at dinner so it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Everybody helped me get cleaned up and we still went to the movie and ended up having a very fun night. Aren't you glad I shared that story?

The BEST news is we had our first doctor appointment today!! We REALLY like our doctor (Cheryl Stults' dad recommended her). She seems very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner, which is nice because it helped me keep calm. She is part of the University of Utah network which is GREAT because it means that's where the baby will be delivered. Not only is this the closest hospital to the condo, it is also where the Primary Children's Hospital is, and that's where they take babies who have complications. Hopefully that won't be an issue, but it's nice to know that all possible resources and the best children's doctors in Utah will be at the hospital where the baby is delivered.

The doctor gave us a ton of useful information, did some tests, and gave me some prescriptions to help with my nausea that are safe to take while pregnant. One of the prescriptions is just a vitamin that has been studied for ages so I'm probably just going to use that one. It's so nice to have something to try because apparently I've been losing rather than gaining weight due to being so sick. Surprising since all I do is sleep, eat, study, and sleep some more. Before we left I had blood taken for tests. OH MY GOODNESS I'm surprised I have any blood left in my body! There were at least 7 good size vials of blood that they took. Benny was great and took me to and from the appointment and stayed with me through the whole thing. He is so good to me and takes care of me 24/7.

We have an ultrasound scheduled for July 28th. The doctor wanted it to be within this next week but it was the soonest opening so we'll have to wait 13 days. It seems like forever!! As long as everything looks ok on the ultrasound we will start telling all other family and friends after that ultrasound! The doctor felt my uterus and said it feels around 9-10 weeks which is good because I am officially 10 weeks today so it sounds like it's right on track. She said the due date as of right now is February 10th. We'll know a better estimate after the ultrasound, but I'm guessing February 1oth is right.

Concerning the condo we are going to be looking at appliances, getting bids, and really just getting everything going on the renovation. I've been so exhausted I haven't really been excited about starting the renovation yet since I have no energy. However, it's better to get it done now than when I'm uber pregnant so here we go! I may be sending you pictures of ideas. Love you and miss you and we're so excited for you to get back from Peru!

No comments: