Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sushi: God's Gift to a Prego Leslie

Apparently the 1.5 days of feeling decent were just a small reprieve but that's ok because we're gonna have a cute little baby at the end!! Good thing babies are so cute. We've found that I can't travel in a car (driving or as a passenger) for more than fifteen minutes without it igniting my upchuck reflex so unfortunately we won't be doing any trips for a while. I guess during the gas crisis is the perfect time to not be able to travel so I can't complain. Unfortunately the drive to Sandy is longer than 15 minutes so it's always an adventure when we attempt that, which we did yesterday and will be doing today and tomorrow. Yuck I don't even want to think about it. Unfortunately this also means I can't plan any trips home yet because I don't think I'd make it on the drive to the airport, much less the airplane ride so that's kind of sad.

Thursday night our friends the Newmans were in town so we ended up hanging out with them rather than getting sushi. I much preferred hanging out with them, but I was still really wanting sushi the next day. I told Ben that and weirdly enough somebody later brought in a platter of sushi to his work and he brought me some home!! Oh that was wonderful. I ate it ALL. Yum yum yum. I also discovered the Happy Sumo VIP club where they have certain nights where you can get half off a lot of their simpler rolls. Since I can't eat the more complicated rolls right now this is PERFECT so we are going to take full advantage!! Plus it's close so I'll be able to make it there without getting sick. I know, I get excited about a lot of simple things right now, but since I can't leave the house most of the time I'm learning to just enjoy the small things such as fabulous sushi.

We're so excited you get home today and we'll talk to you soon!!! Love you!!!

No comments: