Thursday, July 17, 2008

Uphill Swing!

This is Leslie! I am so, so, so, so bummed that I missed the family call from Peru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just barely missed it too. I miss you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I even called and left mom a whiny voice message saying you all better get home soon. I was hoping you might be on your way back when I called, though I think I remember you saying you weren't coming back until Sunday.

And now for the big announcement......da dada daaaaaa!!!!! Are you ready? I have felt good for 1.5 days now!! No joke! Yesterday morning I was really sick, but then I all of a sudden started feeling better and I even got our house cleaned. I haven't even had energy to fold the laundry I did a week and a half ago so this was big. Then last night I slept normal hours and I have felt great most of today (besides when I get hungry). We discovered Egos as a possible way for me to get protein and they have really worked well. I credit part of my feeling well to the deliciousness and protein in the yumminess of Egos. However, part of it I think may be the end of morning sickness. I read somewhere that the placenta takes over the role of the hormones at about this time which can mean a lessening of morning sickness. I'm hoping this is a permanent thing because I'm loving feeling more like myself. Plus being able to eat real food is a bonus.

Today I even decided to cook and I made some deviled eggs. I wanted to get Mom's recipe but since I couldn't call you I just tried one that I had ingredients for. It has some crumbled bacon in it so we'll see how they turn out! They're chilling in the fridge just waiting for me. Yum! Speaking of recipes, oh how I need recipes. I have been craving your bean and olive enchiladas Mom. Or the chicken with all the veggies on top. Or Papa's soup and bread - oh how I miss homemade bread!!! I miss Sunday dinners in general and any home cooking from my home. This is funny because I normally can't eat a lot so it shouldn't matter what I eat but I want my parents' homemade cooking. Poor Benny, when I was feeling really sick on Sunday I got so sad because I wanted to be home and have my mom and dad cook for me! Well, next time I get pregnant I am going to have you all come out here and help me watch this baby and help me cook so I can get through the first trimester again. I'm not joking so be prepared! Otherwise there's no way I'm going to be pregnant again. I don't think I can handle a kid and morning sickness. I know there are women who do it, but apparently I'm wimpier than most. I think my ever-volatile blood sugar plays a big part in the sickness being so bad though.

Tonight Benny and I are going out for sushi!! That is the one thing I can eat no matter how sick I am, though I am only allowed to eat rolls with cooked fish when pregnant. I know, random declaration, but thinking about food is making me hungry!

Last bit of news is kind of funny. Before Ben and I told his parents we were pregnant we took another pregnancy test just to make sure we were still pregnant. I know it's goofy but you just never know in the first trimester. I didn't think about hiding the box because I did the test in Ben's old bathroom which is in the basement and RARELY gets used by anybody but Ben. However, I guess somehow two of Ben's sisters ended up using it, saw the test in the trash, and figured out we're pregnant. Then they told another sister, and Ben told the last sister. SOOOOO, basically all of Ben's family knows we're pregnant besides his brother who I'm sure will find out soon enough. So much for keeping it a secret. Now let's just hope everything works out because otherwise that's a lot of people to tell that it didn't. I'll feel better about it after we see the heartbeat on the ultrasound. AAAAAHHHHH I can hardly wait!! We'll post the picture of it once we get it.

To answer your question on the phone message we do have some tentative names picked out but they're not set in stone. Once we know if it's a girl or boy we'll probably be more decisive. From what I have read they can tell the sex with certainty once a person is 20 weeks pregnant, which means we're half way there!

We can hardly wait for you to get home so HURRY and come BACK!!!!!!!!

No comments: